Volume 35 of prestigious journal “The Other Clare” is now available to order online or to buy in Scéál Eile Books.
An annual journal published by the Shannon Archaeological and Historical Society, every issue of The Other Clare presents a variety of fascinating articles relating to the history, archaeology and folklore of County Clare.
This journal is extremely popular due to the high standard of articles presented as well as the elegant drawings provided by artist Hilary Gilmore. Issues cost €10, often sell out and are never re-issued, so be sure to get your hands on your collectible copy while you can.
- Some Castles and Towerhouses of South East Co. Clare – Ristéard UaCróinín and Martin Breen
- The Corbetts of Bunratty – Brendan Ó Cathaoir
- Ennis Friary : Peaceful Present, Bloody Past – John Rainsford
- Caherconnell, Co Clare – A Cashel of Continuous Use? – Michelle Comber
- A Note On the Uí Mhaoir of Drumcliff, Co Clare – Luke McInerney
- The OrdnanceSurvey Sappers Marks – Mary Kearns
- Burren Archaeology: A Tour Guide by Hugh Carthy – Book Review by Graham Hull
- The Fitzgerald Family of Carrigoran, Newmarket-on-Ferus, Co. Clare – Nicola Jennings
- A Newly Discovered Early Christian Cross from Teampallnadeirka, Co Clare -Jim Higgins and Bernie O’Grady
- Corcomroe Abbey Ship Graffito: A Sacred and Secular Symbol – Katharine Lochnan
- Massacre at Sixmilebridge 1852 – Dominic Haugh
- M18 Gort to Crusheen Road Scheme – Summary of the Final Archaeological Results – Shane Delaney
- Inchicronan Parish and the 1821 Census – Gerry Kennedy
- A tale of Old Clare Hill – Eric Shaw
- Burren Country: Travels Through an Irish Limestone Landscape – A Book Review by Peter Harbison
- Catherine McMahon of East Clare: Ruffling Colonial Feathers – Annie McMahon
- Limerick and South-West Ireland Medieval Art and Architecture – Book Review by Peter Harbison
Volume 35, The Other Clare €10